Resumo dos Detalhes
Tipo de EscolaPúblico
Today’s world needs a new generation of leaders who are driven to find the best solutions to society’s problems.
Business and nonprofit leaders, consultants, lawyers, securities analysts, government contractors, professionals in heavily regulated industries (e.g., finance, telecommunications, energy, healthcare, or education), and even social entrepreneurs need to understand how to influence policy and measure the impact of their programs.
At Harris, we teach you how to turn your passion for doing good into proven social impact through one of our full- or part-time degree programs. Here, you will develop the skills you need to ask the hard questions, follow the evidence to the answers, and make a real and lasting impact. Here, you’ll combine a rigorous education with immediate, hands-on experiences that come by being part of a preeminent, global university in a world-class city. Here, you’ll find support in a lifelong network of mentors and peers, as you turn your passion for doing good into an impactful career.
- Carta de Apresentação
- 2 Cartas de Recomendações
Total de Estudantes840 Estudantes
- Possui escritório dedicado a diversidade
Harris students are passionate, driven, and committed to positive change.
Rigorous coursework in microeconomics, statistics, and analytical politics equips students with the quantitative and analytical skills to evaluate and recommend sound policies in various contexts.
36 countries represented
97 had job offers
96 secured employment
91 secured employment within three months of graduation
Employed by 200+ organizations worldwide:
"Armed with their data-intensive, analytical skill set, Harris graduates are proving invaluable to non-profit, private, and public sector organizations when the policy landscape is marked by so many emergent and persistent challenges.”
Dean and Emmett Dedmon Professor
Harris School of Public Policy
Salaries By Sector
Salary RangePublic/Government AgencyNonprofit/NGO/IGOPrivateMEDIAN$60K$65K$75KMAXIMUM$105K$189K$125K
Top Specified Policy Areas
Alumni working in policy-related careers most commonly reported working in the following policy areas:
Economic and Fiscal
Municipal or Public Finance
Top Three Primary Responsibilities
Average Years of Work Experience
Including internships before attending Harris
33%19%17%31%0-1 Years1-3 Years3-5 Years5+ Years
23 domestic underrepresented minority students
12 hold advanced degrees
3 pursued a Ph.D. after graduation
"An integral part of my Harris experience has been prioritizing the voices of community stakeholders, which also helps me identify the importance of inclusive public policy. Policy needs to be written in a certain way that ensures access for current and future stakeholders."
Brenda Soriano-Villa, MPP'22
Advance Your Career
Harris Public Policy graduates launch careers across sectors and around the world.
Explore Public Policy Degrees Apply Now
Contact the Career Development Office
We know the talent search can be tough. The Harris Career Development Office will take the time to understand your plans and needs so that you can recruit diverse, global-minded professionals with skills specific to your values. Let us be your pro bono recruiter.
2022 Career Outcomes Report
The Harris Career Development Office surveyed students in the Class of 2021 in an exit survey at the time of graduation, with a follow-up survey six months after graduation. Of the 460 students who graduated between July 2020 and June 2021, 388 (84 percent) reported employment information. Data in this report is based on survey results from responding graduates, as well as other sources. Of the 388 graduates, 357 (92 percent) sought employment, and 31 did not seek employment for reasons such as continuing education or starting a company. Out of 357 students seeking employment, 343 (96 percent) accepted an offer of employment.
The following Harris programs are reflected in outcome data:
- Master of Public Policy (MPP) | A two-year program that combines coursework with applied experience to equip graduates with the skills to make data-driven decisions in various contexts.
- Master of Arts in Public Policy (MA) | A one-year program that complements additional graduate studies or significant work experience.
- Master of Arts in Public Policy with Certificate in Research Methods (MACRM) | A 15-month degree that offers foundational training in public policy alongside intensive research methods training.
- Master of Science in Computational Analysis and Public Policy (MSCAPP) | A two-year degree offered jointly with the University of Chicago Department of Computer Science that prepares graduates for a career at the intersection of public policy and data science.
- Evening Master’s Program (EMP) | A part-time program designed for mid-career professionals confers a Master of Arts in Public Policy in four quarters.
O que nossos estudantes dizem
Localização & Contato