Resumo dos Detalhes
Tipo de EscolaPrivado
Taxa de Inscrição$0
Apoio Financeiro DisponívelSim
The Master of International Affairs (MIA) prepares students for careers requiring a profound understanding of today’s global policy challenges in government, diplomacy and international organisations.
- Two-year, full-time programme
- Taught entirely in English, in the heart of Berlin
- Practice-oriented curriculum, incorporating professional development workshops, an international negotiation course and a summer internship
- Earn an MA degree that qualifies for a job-seeking visa in Germany (up to 18 months) after graduation
- No GRE required for admission
- No application fee!
Specialise in one area of international affairs
At the end of your first semester, you will choose one of the following areas of concentration:
- International security – tackle today's global security problems in national governments, international organisations, NGOs, think tanks and academia, as well as the private sector.
- European governance – gain a solid foundation in the EU's internal workings and explore the interaction between EU and national law, politics and policy.
- Human rights and global governance – focus on human rights and international law, and understand the complex challenges posed by multi-national policymaking.
Want to gain even more international experience? Spend one year at the Hertie School in Berlin and one year at a world-renowned partner institution, and get a foot in the door in two countries! At the end of the two-year programme, graduate with a degree from each university. For the MIA programme, the Hertie School has dual-degree programmes with the following partners:
- Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto
- Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University
- School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
- Bocconi University
The Hertie School offers full and partial scholarships covering between 10% and 100% of tuition fees. We grant tuition waivers for the entire period of study and allocate them on a rolling basis up until the final application deadline on 1 May. However, we encourage prospective students in need of financial assistance to apply by our priority deadline on 1 February.
About half of our students receive a financial aid offer from the school, and most students rely on a mixture of tuition waivers, external scholarships, loans and student jobs to finance their studies. Additionally, since the Hertie School is accredited by the US Department of Education, candidates from the US can also apply for US federal student aid (FAFSA), US Segal AmeriCorps Education Awards and the US Department of Veterans Affairs Aid to fund their studies.
We are currently accepting applications for the MIA programme. Check out the admission requirements, read our Frequently Asked Questions page, and submit your documents via our online application portal today. There is no application fee. We also do not require the GRE for admission.
Taxa de Inscrição$0
- Histórico Escolar
- Carta de Apresentação
- 2 Cartas de Recomendações
Prazo para Inscrições
Admission offers and scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis. Applicants who seek financial aid are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline in order to know their admission and financial aid decision sooner, and to start planning their move to Berlin earlier.
Early-bird tuition reduction deadline: 30 November
Priority deadline: 1 February
Final deadline: 1 May
Total de Estudantes605 Estudantes
- Students come from over 50 different countries
Get a head start on your career
Career development and practical training are integrated into the curriculum. In addition to developing soft skills in two professional development workshops, MIA students take an international negotiation simulation course. All Hertie School students must complete a summer internship between their first and second year of study. Those who wish to gain even more work experience may apply for a Professional Year. To help students meet future employers, the school has established relationships with a range of institutions such as ministries, international companies and NGOs. International students can also apply for a job-seeking visa in Germany up to 18 months after graduation, meaning you can stay and work in Germany after finishing your degree.
At the Hertie School, we know that career planning is a lifelong matter. Our dedicated career team is here for you – both during your time at the Hertie School and after you graduate. Schedule a one-on-one career counselling session, and take part in group workshops, alumni panels and other exclusive events.
O que nossos estudantes dizem
One of the best things about Hertie is its small but very international student body. Having so many different perspectives in one room always led to compelling and eye-opening discussions.Julia Black (USA), MIA ‘17
The break between my first and my second year gave me the chance to reassess my priorities, gain concrete experience at a think tank, a UN body and the German parliament - experiences that will definitely round-up my second year and heavily contribute towards my thesis. I also now know what I want to delve into after graduating.Rina Hajdari (Kosovo), MIA ‘19
One of the best things about Hertie is its small but very international student body. Having so many different perspectives in one room always led to compelling and eye-opening discussions.
The break between my first and my second year gave me the chance to reassess my priorities, gain concrete experience at a think tank, a UN body and the German parliament - experiences that will definitely round-up my second year and heavily contribute towards my thesis. I also now know what I want to delve into after graduating.
Taxas Escolares & Auxílio Financeiro
- Apoio Financeiro Disponível
- Tuition: 18,250 EUR per year
- Full and partial scholarships available. About 50% of students receive a financial aid offer.
- Accredited by the US Department of Education (students may apply for US federal aid with FAFSA)