The California Nurses Association / National Nurses United AFL-CIO is committed to:
- The creation of a publicly funded universal health care system in the U.S. and the preservation of this system in Canada.
- Improving the lives of Registered Nurses, and patients.
- Firm opposition to the restructuring, deskilling, and deprofessionalization that is occurring in the health care industry.
- Opposing labor-management partnerships that serve the interests of health care employers and not health care workers and patients.
- Use the political and legislative fronts to fight and expose the perils of corporate health care. CNA is the country's fastest growing labor organization for registered nurses.