Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
Tenants & Workers United (formerly the Tenants' & Workers' Support Committee) is a democratically-controlled, grassroots organization committed to winning social and economic justice and power for the people of Northern Virginia – Latinos/as, African Americans, tenants, immigrants, workers, women, youth and low-income people. We build power by:
1) Organizing low-income communities and workers by forming both geographic and workforce-sector based chapters.
2) Challenging racism and sexism through education and direct action.
3) Deepening our political analysis and awareness – developing community leaders.
4) Creating campaigns and coalitions to win social change.
5) Cooperatively controlling community resources
Over the past twenty years, TWU has won over $100 million in community benefits, including living wage jobs, community ownership and control of housing and other resources, innovative public education programs, expanded uninsured access to health care, and youth after-school resources.