Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) is one of the nine colleges that comprise the academic program center of San Francisco State University. The College of Health and Human Service evolved from grass roots discussions generated by department chairs and faculty to create an academic program center focused around health and human service issues.
While this is the newest organizational structure among academic program centers on the campus, each of our individual disciplines has a rich history of integrating teaching, research and service in ways that have quickly provided the College with a cherished reputation as a community of scholars who are scholars for the community.
Our primary efforts in Counseling, Consumer & Family Studies/Dietetics, Gerontology, Health Education, Kinesiology, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Recreation, Parks and Tourism and Social Work, as well as our interdisciplinary contributions to the SFSU programs in Child & Adolescent Development, Hospitality Management and General Education, are designed so that our learners can complete their programs of study prepared to:
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire and consider information and utilize that information in theory development and problem solving.
- Master core and advanced knowledge/skill, integrative reasoning and attitudes/dispositions appropriate to modern practice and professional application.
- Coalesce their educational experiences and address contemporary professional issues in meaningful ways.
- Adapt the application of disciplinary knowledge and skill to the demands of varied practice environments.
- Exhibit socio-cultural competence in their professional practice.