Nonprofit or community organization
Last modified: July 15, 2011, 8:21 AM
Ndibwami Integrated Rescue Project (NIRP) is a Community Catholic founded relief, development, advocacy organization dedicated to working with children; families and communities affected by HIV/AIDS and poverty in Masaka and Rakai districts.. The organization started as a Kimaanya community group to provide support and care orphans and people Having HIV/AIDS and their families in 2003 and registered as a community based organisation in 2004.
An empowered society with ability to respond to HIV/AIDS and its impacts
NIRP seeks to contribute to a process of Preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and AIDS.
Our goal is to improve the quality of life of people living with HIV and strengthen their engagement in the response to the epidemic.
How NIRP believes these changes can happen?
- Building the capacity of people living with HIV to respond to the epidemic
- Helping Orphans and other vulnerable children attain their basic rights.
• Alleviate the effects of HIV/AIDS and improve the quality of life of the affected communities.
• Improve capacity of people affected by HIV/AIDS to address the psychosocial and economic consequences of HIV/AIDS.
• To alleviate and ease the psychosocial suffering and trauma faced by people infected and affected by HIV and AIDS through counseling and pastoral outreaches.
• Promote behavior change within the targeted communities to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS especially in young people.
Services and Programmes Details
NIRP's core programs include:
-HIV/AIDS counselling and training programme
• HIV Counselling
• Trauma Counselling
• Training of community counsellors
• Child rights promotion and advocacy
Orphans and family support programme
• Children and youth
• Income generating activities
• women self self groups
• Grandmothers care and support
• Vocational skills transfer
Home Based Care Programme
• HIV+ clients referrals and cares
• Material Social support
• Gender main streaming
Community Development Programme.
• Micro credits
• Income generating projects
• Agriculture development and forestry
• Wood saving stoves