AIDS CARE/ Hampshire County provides case management and comprehensive and confidential support services to people living with HIV infection, their families and friends using a harm reduction philosophy. Anyone living with HIV or AIDS in Hampshire County is eligible for services at AIDS CARE/ Hampshire County regardless of level of need, health status, or ability to pay. Our services are free of charge to people living with HIV. We Provide:
- Case Management or case advocacy - Typically this refers to assistance in accessing benefits such as financial assistance, health insurance, grants for people with HIV, referrals to HIV/AIDS knowledgeable doctors, and other little-known resources available to people with HIV/AIDS. There are many financial assistance programs designed specifically for people living with HIV that cover rental assistance, utility payments and more. The case managers have listings and contacts for these programs.
- Support Group - We have a weekly group open to all consumers facilitated by a skilled facilitator who has a Master’s degree in Social Work.
- Bridge Volunteers provide rides to doctor appointments, grocery shopping as well as help out with errands.
- Nursing Visits: We have a registered nurse who is also an AIDS certified registered nurse. She does home visits to discuss medication adherence, nutrition, side effects management and other needs.
- Housing Advocacy: We have a Housing Advocate/Case Manager. This individual can help with housing searches, referrals, landlord negotiations, completion of housing applications and much more.
- Community Newsletter bi-monthly (6 times a year) to keep consumers, volunteers and supporters informed about our work and issues affecting people living with HIV/AIDS in Hampshire County.
- Emergency grocery funds in the form of gift certificates to local supermarkets on an emergency basis.
- Child Care assistance for HIV or case management related issues.