Mercy Foundation Orphans Uganda (MFOU) started in the year 2017 with the aims,goals,objectives, mission and vision of improving the lives of orphans and needy children through provision of quality Education, Medical care, Nutrition,Shelter, Clothing and other basics of life.
Listed below are the Objectives of Mercy Foundation Orphans Uganda:
- To fight poverty through Education of Orphans and other disadvantaged children in the community.
- To improve and support community based initiatives for reduction of poverty, illiteracy,HIV/AIDS and any others as the situation may arise.
- To support Orphans of AIDS,girl-child and vulnerable children through the provision of Educational facilities namely; better schools at rural based,vocational rehabilitation centres, school fees, scholastic materials, uniforms,etc
- To train and support local communities in the fight against the spread of HIV/AIDS through advocacy, prevention,support and care,home based care,training, counseling and peer educators and information dissemination of awareness to reduce social economic effects
- To generate and implement income generating projects aimed at creating sustainable income sources for volunerable women and youth groups, Orphans, widows, single mothers, ;persons with disabilities and elderly people.The activities will include fish farming, bee keeping,piggery, poultry farming and food processing( i.e addition of valve to ago-produce)