African Women Council, Inc. (AWC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit humanitarian national and international organization whose mission is to empower women and children to improve their lives in Montgomery County, Maryland and in Africa through access to information, literacy, health education, civic participation and entrepreneurship.
We will accomplish our mission by:
• Enhancing quality of life by ensuring access to safe and stable housing
• Enhancing the health of the community through targeted seminars, education of healthcare systems and plans
• Improving career opportunities through degree transfer programs, and skills trainings courses
• Ensure success of children through parent education/trainings of educational systems
• Increase dialogue of successes and challenges of the African immigrant experience through town hall meetings and community forums
• Increase civic engagement through voter registration drives and participation in local government meetings