GHA is a private, nonprofit organization with a proven history of designing and conducting leadership and management training, community-based health promotion programs, and developing local and regional community health networks worldwide. GHA’s mission is to engage with communities around the world to drive transformational change for the health and well-being of all by focusing on women, children, and adolescents.
GHA has trained more than 9,000 health professionals and community leaders from 97 countries around the globe. These efforts have stimulated the creation of thousands of sustainable health and development programs addressing the world’s most pressing health problems. GHA continues to incorporate into all core programs participatory health training and collaboration with global and community-based non-governmental organizations, government agencies on all levels, faith-based organizations, universities, and other communities.
GHA believes in
• Strengthening Community Health Resilience – We believe in the power of communities to identify and address their own health needs and improve their quality of life.
• Ensuring Health for All – We believe that everyone deserves a fair chance to lead a healthy life.
• Investing in Local Solutions – We believe that sustainable solutions must come from within the community and be based on locally appropriate approaches and resources.
• Fighting for Racial & Gender Equity – We believe that operating with an equity lens is a direct and potent way to reduce historical and social disadvantages.
• Igniting Transformational Leadership – We believe in moral, ethical leadership, standards, and values that create a ripple effect.
For more information about the operations and programs of GHA, visit www.globalhealthaction.org .
GHA is a private, nonprofit organization with a proven history of designing and conducting leadership and management training, community-based health promotion programs, and developing local and regional community health networks…