Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers promotes stewardship of our public lands by engaging our community in education, restoration and conservation projects.
Our Vision: We aim to foster a diverse and engaged community of outdoor stewards working collectively for the benefit of our public lands.
Values and Guiding Principles
- Tangible results. We strive to make a lasting, positive impact on our landscape and leave participants feeling empowered to contribute to their communities.
- Volunteerism and collective action. We believe we are made stronger through the collective efforts of our individual contributions. We implement stewardship projects centered on community involvement that are satisfying, rewarding, and fun.
- Stewardship. We believe our community shapes, and is shaped by, its surroundings. We strive to be active participants in the health of our shared outdoors.
- Sustainable outdoor recreation. Outdoor recreation is critical to the health and wellbeing of individuals and our local economies. We aim to ensure our outdoor recreation resources and user-behavior work hand in hand with healthy landscapes.
- Inclusivity and accessibility. We strive to create opportunities for the diverse individuals in our community.
- Collaboration. We believe our impact is multiplied through the unique strengths of each of our partners and stakeholders. We promote effective collaboration in everything we do.
- Accountability - We are committed to promoting transparency, responsibility, and integrity in all that we do.
- Empathy, respect, and kindness. We aim to treat everyone with dignity, openness, and kindness.