Ford Motor Company, a global corporation and world leader in corporate citizenship, and 92nd Street Y, the world's first global American Jewish community and cultural center, are proud to join together for the Ford Motor Company International Fellowship of 92nd Street Y.
The program was designed with the goal of enhancing the efforts of emerging leaders in communities throughout the world.
Participating countries change each year. So far, 333 individuals from 74 countries have participated. Features of the program include:
- Concentrated nonprofit management and leadership classes taught by faculty of the Picker Center for Executive Education at Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs and Yale University
- Visits to model nonprofit organizations
- Focus on building win-win partnerships between nonprofit, business and government communities
- Travels around New York and to Ford Motor Company World Headquarters in Dearborn, MI
- Opportunity to build contacts and knowledge, enabling participants to bring increased management expertise to their work at home
92nd Street Y's partnership with Ford represents a growing trend in philanthropy: the collaboration of nonprofits and corporations on humanitarian projects. The Ford Motor Company International Fellowship of 92nd Street Y evolved out of 92nd Street Y's 30+ year relationship with the Ford Motor Company.