The North Country Health Consortium (NCHC) is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and innovative public health non-profit organization focused on improving the health of rural Northern New Hampshire. NCHC is a rural health network, created in 1997, as a vehicle for addressing common issues through collaboration among health and human service providers serving Northern New Hampshire.
NCHC is engaged in activities for:
- solving common problems and facilitating regional solutions
- creating and facilitating services and programs to improve population health status
- health professional training, continuing education and management services to encourage sustainability of the health care infrastructure
- increase capacity for local public health essential services
- increasing access to health care for underserved and uninsured residents of Northern New Hampshire
- treatment and recovery services through NCHC’s Friendship House, a comprehensive residential treatment facility in Bethlehem, NH, that serves individuals with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders