March of Dimes Greater Puget Sound
If you haven’t heard of us, the March of Dimes is about all babies – those born healthy and those who need help to survive and thrive. We have the knowledge and passion to solve problems and answer questions about premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality. With a 75-year history of success,we mobilize volunteers behind our mission to champion the needs of moms and babies.
The March of Dimes has touched your life if:
• Your baby received a vaccine to prevent polio
• Your baby received newborn screening to test for dangerous but treatable conditions
• Your baby was born too soon and spent time in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
• You had a healthy baby due in part to good prenatal care
There are millions of reasons behind our urgent mission, so every day we deliver:
• Research: March of Dimes has invested in research since 1938. We fund Nobel Prize-winning scientists,found the cure for polio, and are exploring the causes of premature birth and the genetics of birth defects.
• Community Services: With hundreds of offices nationwide, March of Dimes offers direct-to- consumer services, such as the NICU Family Support program, mobile prenatal care clinics, and smoking cessation outreach.
• Education: March of Dimes provides the best information on healthy pregnancies and infant wellness to consumers, businesses, and medical professionals.
• Advocacy: March of Dimes believes in bipartisan advocacy at the federal and state levels.
To help babies live healthy lives, we fight for policies and programs such as better newborn screening standards and better health care coverage for the most vulnerable.