Caribbeana Communications Inc.
Caribbeana Communications Incorporated (CCI) is a nonprofit media and membership organization headquartered in Lanham, Maryland of the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. It is one of the few Caribbean organizations based in the United States that serves all individuals interested in Caribbean culture and its Diaspora through media, technology and journalism.
As a voice for Caribbean media outside the basin and the Caribbean Diaspora globally, CCI aims to educate, entertain, and enlighten all that is Caribbean through bridging cultural gaps using media. We are driven to advance Caribbean culture through:
- Promoting and encouraging public interest in the culture, arts, music, news and other events of the Caribbean and its people
- Presenting and broadcasting documentaries, news stories and other programs of civic, cultural, educational, entertainment nature by means of radio, television, cable television and other communications media
- Producing, distributing and syndicating dramatic and non dramatic theatrical, cinematic, video, tape, film, audio, motion picture shows and programs pertaining to the history, culture and current events of the Caribbean and other Third World countries
- Developing quality print publications focused on Caribbean affairs and its Diaspora throughout the world, the impact on the culture and how Caribbean nationals are impacting their community
CCI’s vision is to become a premiere organization that serves as a:
- One-stop shop and umbrella organization for Caribbean news, media, culture, and lifestyles in the United States
- Prime resource for information gathering as it relates to anything Caribbean, Caribbean American, and the Caribbean Diaspora communities
- Bridge cultures through the universal tools of radio and media
We envision, as a short term goal, the ownership of an internet radio station and as a long term goal, the acquisition and ownership of a land-based radio station in the United States. Over 95 percent of the programming will include Caribbean-focused content. Production of content will include, but not be limited to, news broadcasting, music, interviews, and documentaries.
Currently, CCI manages and produces a three hour weekly radio program called Caribbeana. This program provides pertinent news from and about the Caribbean as well as about the Caribbean Diaspora throughout the world. Caribbeana presently airs on WPFW 89.3 FM in the Washington, D.C. market and is a central authority on Caribbean culture of past to present exposing anyone to Caribbean music, news, and culture. To listen to program podcasts, click here.
Our organization represents a future conglomerate of educational, entertaining, and enlightening services that will be offered through radio, television, print media, journalism, the arts, new age technology and more. Our organizational goals include improving and establishing five premiere programming and service divisions focused on:
- Media Broadcasting
- Entertainment Production
- Media and Cultural Institute (CMCI)
- Media Convention (CMC)
- Electronic Publications
Do you work for Caribbeana Communications Inc.? Become an administrator