Spirit of the Sun
We always have jobs available, just use keyword SOTS on AmeriCorps.gov when searching for position listings. Or check these out now!
Spirit of the Sun (SOTS) is a non-profit organization focused on helping Native American communities to advance cultural preservation and development by improving economic conditions on reservations. The organization acts as a facilitator, providing the framework and plans to enable Tribes to accomplish the goals defined by their communities and leaders. Spirit of the Sun aims to promote peace, understanding, and economic and social justice among people around the world by focusing on the following:
- Designing, developing and managing complex programs and analysis
- Providing deep insight and innovative analysis across disciplines and viewpoints
- Effectively using and implementing advanced technology
- Building coalitions and partnerships throughout Indian Country
- Helping other organizations become more effective
SOTS also has a strong commitment to aiding Native American Elders and has recently been awarded a grant through The Corporation for National and Community Service to place AmeriCorps VISTA members on tribal reservations to aid elder programming, nationwide.