The Bostonian Society
About The Bostonian Society
The Bostonian Society brings people together to explore the vital debates about self-government that were sparked at the Old State House during Boston’s Revolutionary Era and that still animate our civic life today. We sustain and share the Old State House and our collections to inspire generations to come.
The Bostonian Society is committed to:
• Inspiring everyone to wrestle with the question of how to draw the circle of “We” in “We the People”.
• Exciting imagination by sharing the diverse voices and conversations of Boston’s Revolutionary Era in fresh and honest ways.
• Motivating people to directly participate in today’s debates about self-government that are rooted in discussions begun 250 years ago in the Old State House.
• Unlocking the power of place by creating a transporting experience at the Old State House that is accessible and lively.
• Cultivating new strengths to grow as an adaptive organization that builds collaborative and enduring relationships as we preserve the Old State House and refine our collections.