The Calais School is a state-approved provider of special education for students with special needs. The school serves students in grades Pre-K through 12 Plus with multiple learning disabilities. It is our goal to help each and every child realize and build on their strengths and gifts. We are committed to cultivating the potential of every student, making a difference, one child at a time. Our employees know firsthand all the benefits of working for The Calais School and how we foster a culture of collaboration, teamwork and the highest service and support to our students.
· Must be fully certified according to the requirements set forth by the Department of Education of the State of New Jersey.
· Certified in Special Education and Praxis Endorsement in Social Studeis.
As a Special Education teacher, you will be responsible to teach students who have a wide range of learning, mental, emotional, and physical disabilities. You will adapt general education lessons in high school grade level Science to students with mild and moderate disabilities.
· Plan lessons in Science
· Assess students to evaluate their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
· Teach students as an entire class or in small groups
· Grade students’ assignments to monitor progress
· Communicate with parents about students’ progress
· Work with individual students to challenge them, to improve their abilities, and to work on their weaknesses
· Prepare students for standardized tests required by the state
· Develop and enforce classroom rules
· Supervise students outside of the classroom—for example, at lunchtime or during detention
For more information about The Calais School, please visit us at www.thecalaisschool.org
The Calais School is a state-approved provider of special education for students with special needs. The school serves students in grades Pre-K through 12 Plus with multiple learning disabilities. It is our goal to help each and every…