All-Options (formerly Backline)
All-Options, formerly Backline, uses direct service and social change strategies to promote unconditional, judgment-free support for people in all of their decisions, feelings, and experiences with pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption. We recognize that these issues are complex, but one thing is certain: Everyone deserves to have all options!
All-Options imagines a future where all people are supported in making the reproductive decisions that are best for their lives, without coercion or limitation, and where the dignity of lived experiences is affirmed and honored.
All-Options is best known for our national toll-free Talkline, our Pregnancy Options Workshop trainings, and the nation’s first and only All-Options Pregnancy Resource Center. All-Options Pregnancy Resource Center (PRC), based in Bloomington, IN is proud to offer free pregnancy tests, unbiased options counseling, diapers and parenting supplies, abortion funding, and comprehensive referrals for our clients’ pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption needs. In Fall 2015 we also acquired the Faith Aloud clergy counseling program.
As a distributed organization, All-Options has 8 staff and 25 volunteers in Bloomington, IN, San Leandro, CA, and Philadelphia, PA, as well as a dynamic national board of directors. Learn more at all-options.org and alloptionsprc.org.
- Inclusivity and Justice: We center those most impacted by reproductive injustices in our programs, movement-building work, and investment in social change issues. This means centering people who are trans and gender expansive, women of color, youth, people living in poverty, immigrants and people who are undocumented, non-English speakers, people with disabilities, queer and LGBTQIA people, and people living at the intersections of all of these.
- Authentic Engagement: We cultivate an organizational culture of open and honest communication, collaboration, and connection between employees, board, volunteers, clients, and our communities.
- Care: We work to create a culture of care and compassion in action by recognizing and valuing our clients, volunteers, employees, board, allies, and supporters as whole people. We are committed to leading with kindness and treating all people with the utmost dignity and respect.
- Accountability: We define and share individual and collective goals, outcomes, and processes to guide our work. We recognize and evaluate the impact of our actions – intentional or not – on each other, the organization, and our communities. We continue to learn and make adjustments to better align with our values.
- All-Options: We strive for an intersectional and multifaceted approach to our work and to the issues and experiences of pregnancy, parenting, abortion, adoption. We affirm the complexity in reproductive decision-making and the many ways to build and support families and communities.