Goodwill of Southern Nevada
GOODWILL OF SOUTHERN NEVADA, INC.
VOLUNTEER TASK DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Community Affairs & Donations Summer Internship
DEPARTMENT: Community Affairs & Donations
AUTHOR: Walter Lescano
DATE: March 22, 2013
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Community Affairs & Donations Intern position will assist in various marketing duties with a focus on improving engagement of social media and GoogleAdwords.
1) Improve Engagement of Social Media Followers:
- Evaluate and upgrade Goodwill of Southern Nevada’s Facebook page.
- Particular research project of placing ads on Facebook.
- Research project of creating a Facebook coupon to send to our followers.
- Evaluate and upgrade Goodwill of Southern Nevada’s Twitter page.
- Particular research project of updating who we are following.
- Set up a Hoot Suite account for Goodwill of Southern Nevada and prepost holiday and other messages that will automatically send on specific dates.
2) Evaluate and develop a plan for/phrases for GoogleAdwords account.
- Evaluate current Goodwill of Southern Nevada GoogleAdwords account.
- Research and develop ideal “ad words” and make these active in our account.
- Present a training session for the department of Community Affairs & Donations on how to maintain and use account.
The performance of these duties will be guided by the core values of Goodwill of Southern Nevada. The core values are as follows.
1. People are our strength, and we treat them with dignity and courtesy at all times. 2. We exceed our customers’ expectations. 3. We measure ourselves only against the best. 4. We do what we say we will do every time. 5. We embrace innovation. 6. We are a team.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The Community Affairs & Donations Intern position receives direction from the Manager of Community Affairs, additional assignments may also come from the Director of Community Affairs & Donations.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Although the Community Affairs & Donations Intern position does not supervise any Goodwill Team Members, s/he will be interfacing with Goodwill Team Members across multiple departments.
Lift/Carry: Medium up to 50 pounds.
Push/Pull: Must be able to push up to 50 pounds.
Position is generally sitting and requires standing or walking. Bending, kneeling and lifting are required.
80% of the duties are performed in Goodwill corporate office that has regulated temperatures. 20% of the duties are performed in the community.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE:
The Community Affairs & Donations Intern’s performance will be measured on the following:
- The manner in which he/she reflects the agency’s core values.
- Ability to meet goals established for Community Affairs & Donations.
- The accuracy, completeness and timeliness of assigned projects and paperwork.
- The overall performance of Community Affairs & Donations as measured by the:
- Compliance with all GII standards for certification,
- Number of people served in programs.