KIPP is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and life.
The KIPP Foundation fuels the growth and impact of the KIPP
network of 162 schools serving 59,000 students by:
- Monitoring and ensuring the quality of KIPP schools
- Recruiting and developing outstanding school leaders to open and lead new KIPP schools
- Offering professional development to teachers and instructional staff
- Fostering sharing and spreading innovation across the KIPP network
- Designing the strategies to support our students as they climb the mountain to and through college
We also partner with schools, school districts, the charter school community and others to share what we are learning, improve our own practices, and advocate for a strong and just public education system.