Associates for Training and Development
WHO WE ARE: Associates for Training and Development (a4td):
- A4td is a trade name of Vermont Associates for Training and Development, Inc. a private nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation founded in 1983 with eight offices in Vermont and 3 offices in Connecticut.
- Our mission is to provide training and employment services to workers age 55+.
- This niche positioning has been very successful because of the company's commitment to coordination and collaboration at all levels - local, state, and national.
- The company's core values include a commitment to continuous quality improvement, customer focus, and teamwork (internal) and partnerships (external).
- The company has built its extensive expertise in serving the diverse needs of older workers through operating programs such as the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), The Aging Worker Initiative (AWI) and One Away.
- The mission of these programs is to support people and organizations in using citizen service as a strategy to meet critical community needs. On-going training and support for these individuals is an essential program component.
- Through SCSEP, a4td places participants in community service positions at 501(c) 3 organizations for workplace-based training.
- While learning job specific skills, SCSEP participants provide a needed community service to the organization and the community.
- Each year for over 29 years, the company has placed approximately 400 people in community service positions.
- The company has provided computer training to disadvantaged older workers through a special experimental project funded by the Department of Labor (DOL). The demand for this training has been overwhelming and the project has been oversubscribed since its inception.
- The Aging Worker Initiative (AWI) provides training and advancement opportunities in high-growth sectors of the economy. Funding is not based on income eligibility and is available to the unemployed, incumbent and retired workers 55+.