Blossom Trust is a grassroots non-profit organization founded in 1993 in Tamil Nadu, India and since then has been committed to changing the narrative from women as disadvantaged & impoverished to women as agents of change and pillars of development.
Our mission: is to promote women-led development and resilient communities through collective networks, collaboration and raising awareness
Our vision: is women at the heart of community development; establishing thriving, equitable and empowered communities across Tamil Nadu.
Our active projects:
- Our CCTATA Project combats social stigma and discrimination against TB patients through community engagement, raising awareness and supporting TB patients in accessing TB treatment.
- We established Project Artemisia as a response to COVID pandemic outcomes by empowering and building community resilience to COVID-19. We created safe places for female COVID survivors to advocate for their rights.
- Our Targeted Transgender Intervention Project targets TG individuals, who face high levels of social marginalization and are forced to work in an unauthorized sector with a high risk of STI/HIV infection. The project aims to ensure quality and safe access to medical care and services.
Women's Rights & Inclusive Welfare
- Our Network for Transgender (TG) Communities (ACT Network) aims to empower Transgender women by providing legal and economic security. promoting education, skills, capacity-building and communication pathways for TG communities.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- In July 2022 we launched our first project which was funded through a Corporate Social Responsibility grant titled “Integrated Development through Empowerment, Advocacy and Livelihoods - IDEAL” which aims to create two Model Villages that will become hallmarks for women and children’s empowerment by providing tools, skills and knowledge to bring about positive change in their personal lives as well as in their communities.
Dayspring Home and Farm
- In 2004 Blossom Trust established Dayspring Home for children, who lost their family members due to HIV/AIDS/TB infections, who are infected and rejected from their families due to the stigma surrounding these diseases and who due to their socioeconomic status can not afford basic needs. Dayspring provides a safe, stable and nurturing environment and opportunities for these vulnerable children. Dayspring Home is a permanent and well-established project of the organization, providing constant care and support to children.
- To provide children from Dayspring with a sustainable and nutritious source of food, Blossom Trust established Dayspring Farm. The farm is located next to the Dayspring Home on 6 acres of land and is maintained by the Blossom Farm team and volunteers.