"Blossoming of power in every individual to reinforce community development"
Blossom is a grassroots non-profit organisation founded in 1993 in Tamil Nadu, India. Blossom is working towards the personal, social and economic development of disadvantaged and marginalized members of the community – especially women and children.
The projects and activities of the trust fall into four main areas of focus.
- A network of clubs and educational centers for children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS
- Holds a strong focus on academic and physical education and life skills development
- A collection of daycares aimed towards working mothers in an effort to increase women's economic and cultural power
- A home for children orphaned due to AIDS or TB related death or infected and rejected by their families due to the illnesses
Goats for Gains
- An economic empowerment programme aimed at uplifting both past and present TB patients with the help of goats
Poomalai Women's Collective
- An umbrella federation of women’s Self-Help groups
- Focuses on projects that help impoverished rural and urban women gain access to small loans
Dayspring Organic Farm
- An eco-friendly "model-integrated farm", with various units such as agricultural farming, bio-gas production, drip irrigation, vermi-composting, poultry farm, etc.
- Helps support the basic needs of the Dayspring Home children, as well as providing an income source as part of Blossom's income generation programmes
- Aim to educate people through intensive health awareness programs
- Improve access to TB diagnosis and treatment at government health facilities for all patients
- A community theater group that raises awareness on child health and sexual education
- A support network for HIV+ women living in isolation and/or poverty
Rainbow TB Forum
- Advocates the rights of TB patients, raises awareness about TB and provides support for the patients and their families