Here’s a roundup of what’s buzzing in the social sector this week.
- If nonprofits pay some people unfair salaries and rely on free labor, is it a form of “economic bullying”? The Chronicle of Philanthropy discusses this issue with Professor John Tropman.
- Click through to this interactive website to see how nonprofits are using mobile apps and texting to serve their supporters.
- The Harvard Business Review promotes a new type of philanthropy: donating data to the social good sector.
- Facebook’s strategic partnerships manager Libby Leffler talks to Mashable about how nonprofit organizations can make the most out of Facebook.
Watch and Listen to These:
- Nonprofit career guru Rosetta Thurman talks about finding satisfaction with your job as a fundraiser in this podcast.
- Ever wanted to know what it’s like to be an emergency responder? Watch this video about “a night in the life of a volunteer EMT.”
- Social media expert Guy Kawasaki and Network For Good hosted a #Nonprofit911 webinar about how to get more followers on social media. The presentation is now available online.