Roxbury Public Library
The Free Public Library of the Township of Roxbury is the community’s connection to learning and discovery.
We envision the Roxbury Public Library to be the center of community life and an essential destination that provides both new and traditional library services to residents of all ages and backgrounds. We will strive to serve as the community’s gateway to the dynamic global network of information resources by providing:
- Free and accessible services and resources that strengthen, connect, and enrich our increasingly diverse community.
- Programs for all ages that encourage literacy, love of reading, and cultural enrichment.
- A community meeting place that fosters the exchange of ideas.
- Technologies that include equipment and essential training for the public to fully utilize electronic resources.
- A respectful, flexible, and knowledgeable staff that will provide professional assistance to library patrons by finding, evaluating, and delivering resources from our collection and the collections of other libraries through resource sharing.
- A welcoming, comfortable, and well maintained facility
We place great value in:
- Freedom of information.
- A high standard of customer service.
- Equal access to a varied and timely collection of resources that reflects the needs and desires of the community.
- Integrity as the foundation of the actions of the Board of Trustees and the staff.
- Fiscal responsibility.