Conservation and Tourism Uganda
Plot 39 Babiiha Avenue, Kololo
Conservation and Tourism Uganda (CTU) is a fully registered Organization in accordance with the Non-Governmental Organizations Regulations, 1990 and the Non-Governmental Organizations Statute 1989, No. 5 of 1989. The headquarters of CTU is in Kampala in the Republic of Uganda
The registration number for Conservation and Tourism Uganda is 10988.
The overall objective of CTU is to promote conservation and tourism for livelihoods and environment wellbeing in Uganda.
The functions of CTU
1) Identify, develop and promote talent, projects and activities on and related to conservation and nature-culture based tourism among the youth, women, people with disabilities, marginalised groups, indigenous communities, and all people in Uganda for, socioeconomic wellbeing of the people and environment conservation.
2) Generate, document and disseminate lessons, experiences and knowledge on conservation and tourism so as to influence the relevant policies and practice in Uganda and internationally.
3) Become a member or cooperate with or join with any bodies, associations, foundations, organisations, societies anywhere whose objectives and activities are similar, related and or complement CTU objectives and activities.
4) Receive, keep, spend, invest or dispose money and property subscribed, bequeathed or assigned to the CTU towards the achievement of her objectives in a way making sure no part is distributed among the staff and members of CTU and, acquire and sell property (land, buildings, offices, estates, loans and any other Assets) towards the achievement of CTU objectives.
5) Do anything which in the opinion of the management of CTU is necessary, incidental or conducive to the achievement of CTU objectives.
6) Election of Office bearers for the CTU