Project Access NOW
Who we are
Project Access NOW (Northwest Oregon & Washington) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Portland, Oregon, which facilitates collaboration for local Project Access initiatives in Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington, including those in Clackamas, Clark, Multnomah, and Washington Counties. Project Access NOW and its participating local initiatives are part of a nationally-proven model of care.
What we do
Project Access NOW coordinates a network of volunteer physicians and other health care providers, making it easier for them to donate medically necessary care to the low-income uninsured in our communities.
Project Access NOW improves the health of our community by effectively linking those in greatest need with health care providers and organizations who have the wish and ability to serve
Project Access NOW is a broad based community initiative that builds access to health care for low-income and uninsured people in the Portland/Vancouver metropolitan area by coordinating a network of volunteer physicians, clinics and hospitals.
- We value collaborative action which puts the common good above individual stakeholder benefits
- We value efficiency in referral and care management in order to do the most good for the greatest number
- We value dignity for our clients
- We value meaningful participation of provider volunteers and stakeholders in program design, implementation and continuous improvement
- We value open, timely and clear communication about our operations, business practices and financial position with stakeholders and volunteers
By helping the low-income uninsured navigate the health care system, Project Access NOW can get them the care they need. Today.
Project Access NOW staff is committed to connecting people to healthcare. We accomplish this by creating and maintaining a collaborative environment based on integrity, competence, responsiveness and respect.
Project Access makes the very best use of already existing resources, secures stable funding, and recruits volutneerswhile we, as a community, develop a broader health care solution.