Working remotely is a dream if you like the freedom of taking calls in your pajamas or writing reports nestled in the window of a coffee shop. Some people just prefer to be out and about instead of feeling tethered to a cubicle. If you’re one of these free spirits, here are some current Idealist jobs that can be done remotely.
- Assistant Event Manager for US Quidditch, the nonprofit organization that governs the sport of quidditch (yes, the sport from the Harry Potter books) in the United States.
- Looking for a remote, freelance grant writing gig? Social service organization Better Tomorrows is looking for a Grant Writer who can help out on a contract basis. Sing for Hope, an organization that puts artists in volunteer service programs across New York, also needs a freelance Grant Writer.
- Love data? The New Teacher Project is looking for a Talent Acquisition Analyst to join their team.
- If you’re a music fan, the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra in New York is looking for a Development and Special Events Associate. Or, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra needs a part-time Publications Editor to help with magazines and newsletter.
- If you’re interested in pedestrian advocacy and are willing to travel to Washington, DC periodically, the Alliance for Biking and Walking is looking for a Communications Manager.
- Want a part-time job to supplement your California dreams? Check out this remote part-time bookkeeping position at Surf for Life.
- Anyone interested in engaging communities online should take a look at this Writer / Social Media Manager position at ecoAmerica.
- Passionate about animals? In Defense of Animals is looking for a Communications Director.
Idealist has many more remote opportunities on the site. Just remember to select ‘remote’ under the Location menu on the left side of the screen when you search!
About the Author | Caroline Contillo teaches mindfulness meditation at non-profits and community centers in NYC. Previously, she worked at Businessweek Online and The Interdependence Project, a secular Buddhist meditation center.