Capitol Impact, LLC
1107 9th St Suite 500
Capitol Impact, LLC is a Sacramento based consulting firm dedicated to improving policy and practice in California, with a particular emphasis on public education. The firm's scope of practice is in two distinct areas – (1) policy development and (2) project management and implementation.
Capitol Impact helps organizations increase their policy expertise by assisting in developing and supporting a policy agenda through specific non-lobbying activities. Capitol Impact also provides project management and implementation services. As a relatively small and flexible firm, Capitol Impact prides itself on meeting the varying needs of our clients in a timely and responsive manner. We look forward to discussing with you how we can best support your organization's goals.
Areas of expertise include:
Strategic advice to formulate a policy agenda
- Create a policy agenda reflecting your mission and public policy goals
- Create a strategy to achieve those goals and meet regularly to review progress
- Create collaborations with like-minded organizations – including philanthropic, non-profit, and community-based groups – for greater policy-making impact
Access to policymakers and opinion leaders
- Organize meetings with legislators and policymakers on issues of critical concern
- Seek philanthropy-funded research when appropriate
Public affairs and media relations services
- Write and place op-ed pieces and letters to the editor
- Generate media coverage of foundation-funded research
- Create a strong message regarding your organization's policy agenda
Critical policy data
- Provide analysis of data in public policy areas that have not been performed by state agencies or other research organizations
- Assist with the creation of databases on policy issues aligned to your organization's policy initiatives
Assessment of policy trends and legislative action
- Provide timely analysis of current policy and legislation
- Advise when research and other types of support can be beneficial in supporting specific policy directions
- Focus on strategic issues and arrange for testimony at legislative hearings
Facilitation and project management
- Plan and implement training programs. For the past 4 years, Capitol Impact has planned and implemented a training program for a cohort of 25 legislative K-12 education staff. Two years ago, the project expanded to include higher education and this year expanded further to encompass health and fiscal/governance policy. As a primary institution of legislative staff training, Capitol Impact is responsible for curriculum planning, participant outreach, Advisory Committee support, and overall facilitation of the project.
- Organize educational events. Capitol Impact has organized a number of educational events for the Legislature and Administration, as well as other stakeholders. Capitol Impact organized and facilitated Enhancing Student Success: A Convening of Key Community College Stakeholders, an event at McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento that brought together over 100 education, business and community stakeholders for a discussion of policy ideas to increase community college student success.
- Manage education leadership projects. Capitol Impact is managing a project to advance a major leadership initiative on community college student success for the next gubernatorial administration.
Do you work for Capitol Impact, LLC? Become an administrator