- The next Idealist Day is Thursday, 8/8!
- You can now post your Idealist Day activity or event for next Idealist Day (and future ones) in our directory! This will make your activity findable and may inspire people nearby to join you.
- World Pride 2019 was a blast! Take a look at the Idealist World Pride celebration!
- The next Idealist Book Club read is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho! Join Idealists of the World on Facebook to participate in our discussion on August 9th!
- From the Idealist Days blog: Parissa Shiralian recounts a chance encounter with a stranger that changed her life forever.
Who are we, and what do we want?
We are idealists, practical dreamers, people in every corner of the world who believe that by agreeing on three simple things, we can change the world.
What are these three elements?
First, a shared vision, based on shared values:
"Working together, in a spirit of generosity and mutual respect, we want to help build a world where all people can lead free and dignified lives."
Second, a symbol to represent these values and allow us to see each other wherever we are, across the street and around the world. A joyful logo that would allow us to say, "I am here, and I share your deepest values. And if you stand for freedom and dignity, I will stand with you."
And our third element: monthly Idealist Days, on 6/6, 7/7, 8/8, etc., that would make it okay, and more than okay, to spark and celebrate action and possibility, freedom and dignity. A monthly opportunity to do something, no matter how small, to make our corner of the world a bit better.
That's it: some shared values, a logo to represent them, and a monthly opportunity to turn these values into action. If we can agree on these three things, there's no limit to what we can do together.
We can do this!
To take part in this project, here's what you can do right now:
- Join 40,000 of us in our Idealists of the World Facebook group.
- Post an event or activity for 6/6 (or 7/7/ or 8/8) so that other people can find it here.
- Sign up to receive an email alert when an Idealist Day activity is posted near you.
- Add an Idealist "frame" to your profile photo.
- Invite friends to join us here.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
World Pride 2019
World Pride 2019 was a blast! It was so meaningful—and so much fun!—to march alongside the LGBTQIA+ community in commemoration of the Stonewall uprising in NYC 50 years ago, and the fight for equality that has gone on ever since. Take a look at the Idealist World Pride celebration here!