- The next Idealist Day is Sunday, 7/7!
- You can now post your Idealist Day activity or event for next Idealist Day (and future ones) in our directory! This will make your activity findable and may inspire people nearby to join you.
- Idealist will be marching with friends and allies in the World Pride Day parade on June 30 in New York City! You’re invited to march with us. Join our campaign by using #ProudIdealist in your social media and downloading our Idealist Facebook frames and gifs! If you have an iOS device, add “World Pride NYC” to Events on the Idealist app!
- Idealist.org também está em português agora! The whole of Idealist.org now works in Portuguese!
- Check out these stories about Idealists from around the world! Deborah Diaz runs a foundation called Colors for the Children to give coloring books to migrant youth in El Paso, Texas, Leontine Sinda is a humanitarian activist from Cameroon, Sarah McKenzie led in the creation of the Idealist puppet, Ida, and Jan Slaughter and The Old Sew and Sews made dresses out of pillowcases to donate to girls in need!
Who are we, and what do we want?
We are idealists, practical dreamers, people in every corner of the world who believe that by agreeing on three simple things, we can change the world.
What are these three elements?
First, a shared vision, based on shared values:
"Working together, in a spirit of generosity and mutual respect, we want to help build a world where all people can lead free and dignified lives."
Second, a symbol to represent these values and allow us to see each other wherever we are, across the street and around the world. A joyful logo that would allow us to say, "I am here, and I share your deepest values. And if you stand for freedom and dignity, I will stand with you."
And our third element: monthly Idealist Days, on 6/6, 7/7, 8/8, etc., that would make it okay, and more than okay, to spark and celebrate action and possibility, freedom and dignity. A monthly opportunity to do something, no matter how small, to make our corner of the world a bit better.
That's it: some shared values, a logo to represent them, and a monthly opportunity to turn these values into action. If we can agree on these three things, there's no limit to what we can do together.
We can do this!
To take part in this project, here's what you can do right now:
- Join 40,000 of us in our Idealists of the World Facebook group.
- Post an event or activity for 6/6 (or 7/7/ or 8/8) so that other people can find it here.
- Sign up to receive an email alert when an Idealist Day activity is posted near you.
- Add an Idealist "frame" to your profile photo.
- Invite friends to join us here.