African Centre for Justice and Peace Studies
The African Centre for Justice and Peace Studies (ACJPS) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working to monitor and promote respect for human rights and legal reform in Sudan.ACJPS has a vision of a Sudan where all people can live and prosper free from fear and want in a state committed to justice, equality and peace.
Our core activities include:
- Monitoring, documenting and reporting on human rights violations in Sudan
- Strategic litigation to highlight violations of human rights as well as the provision of legal assistance to individuals and groups
- Advocacy and support for efforts to use international and regional mechanisms to hold perpetrators of serious violations of human rights and international crimes to account
- Legal and human rights education and training and media campaigns to raise awareness of the rights and freedoms of individuals and groups, and to foster a culture of human rights
- Advocacy and technical support to advance and implement international human rights standards within Sudan.
ACJPS has offices registered in Kampala, London and New York.
Do you work for African Centre for Justice and Peace Studies? Become an administrator