African Centre for Justice and Peace Studies
The African Centre for Justice and Peace Studies (ACJPS) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working to monitor and promote respect for human rights and legal reform in Sudan.ACJPS has a vision of a Sudan where all people can live and prosper free from fear and want in a state committed to justice, equality and peace.
Our core activities include:
- Monitoring, documenting and reporting on human rights violations in Sudan
- Strategic litigation to highlight violations of human rights as well as the provision of legal assistance to individuals and groups
- Advocacy and support for efforts to use international and regional mechanisms to hold perpetrators of serious violations of human rights and international crimes to account
- Legal and human rights education and training and media campaigns to raise awareness of the rights and freedoms of individuals and groups, and to foster a culture of human rights
- Advocacy and technical support to advance and implement international human rights standards within Sudan.
ACJPS has offices registered in Kampala, London and New York.