Empowering Church Health Outreach (ECHO)
Reports to: ECHO board
Founded in 2005 by the Nancy and John Snyder Foundation, Empowering Community Healthcare Outreach (ECHO) partners with the Church Health Center to facilitate the launch and development of free and charitable clinics and provide access to primary healthcare to uninsured and under-insured populations.
ECHO accomplishes its mission by:
i) pairing clinic founders with mega church funders;
ii) providing additional funds for the year before clinic opening and the first year of operations;
iii) providing on-call support to clinical and administrative staff; and
iv) assisting in marketing and patient enrollment.
ECHO currently supports around 50 clinics.
ECHO is looking for a skilled, dynamic, mission-driven, motivated, and community-oriented individual who will be responsible for planning, implementing, and executing a development strategy that will raise $2.0M to support the launch of charter and new clinics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Create and implement a comprehensive Development Plan to build an endowment fund for ECHO clinics:
- Initiate contacts with potential donors through direct contacts and indirectly or collaboratively through appropriate board, staff, donors, professional advisors, and other contacts and connections;
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies designed to move potential donors toward endowment funding;
- Design and implement appropriate strategies to grow donor pool;
Oversee the establishment of all grants, endowments, and funds – whether solicited or walk-ins – by assisting donors in selecting charitable giving products that are consistent with their charitable goals and by guiding them through the process to completion.
Work with Director of Clinic Sponsor Recruitment, as appropriate, to grow and manage ECHO’s relationships with area professional advisors (including attorneys, financial advisors, and accountants) in order to cultivate and expand services to current and prospective donors.
Work with SGS to develop and implement appropriate marketing and communications strategies to promote and support the Development Plan.
Other duties as assigned.
The strongest candidates for this role will demonstrate:
- Strong management skills, including goal orientation; accountability; organizational and analytical skills; decision‐making and prioritization capabilities; and the ability to relate, encourage, and collaborate effectively with colleagues and ECHO’s external partners.
- A track record of building donor relationships and closing significant philanthropic gifts (or an analogous business development/sales record).
- Substantial experience in managing fundraising/business development operations and processes.
- An understanding of charitable gift planning tools, estate planning and tax issues.
- The ability to understand the needs and interests of donors and professional advisors in order to develop effective relationships between them and ECHO’s governing body.
- The ability to create and deliver compelling and useful marketing products and programs for donor engagement.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large audiences.
- An energetic, optimistic, and positive approach and outlook.
- A genuine concern for social impact.
- Ideal candidate may work remotely or live in/relocated to Memphis, TN.
Compensation and Title
Compensation and job title will be based upon the candidate’s experience and expertise. Compensation will consist of base salary plus performance based bonus.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Do you work for Empowering Church Health Outreach (ECHO)? Become an administrator