Cyber Civil Rights Initiative, Inc.
- Coral Gables
1311 Miller Drive
Cyber Civil Rights Initiative (CCRI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization advocating for social, technological, and legal innovation to fight online abuse and discrimination. Our first campaign, End Revenge Porn, provides support and advocacy for victims of nonconsensual pornography, commonly referred to as “revenge porn.” Since its launch in August 2013, CCRI has:
- Helped 25 U.S. states pass criminal NCP laws;
- Worked with Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft, and Google to develop and implement the anti-nonconsensual pornography policies they announced in 2015;
- Provided support to more than 5,000 NCP and online harassment victims worldwide through email support and the CCRI Crisis Helpline;
- Been featured in more than 200 pieces of media including the New York Times, Huffington Post, CNN, NPR, the Washington Post, MSNBC, Showtime’s “Dark Net,” and HBO’s “Vice”; and
- Presented at tens of institutions including Harvard University, Facebook, Google, Twitter, and University of Washington School of Law regarding NCP.
Our Mission is to fight nonconsensual pornography and other forms of online abuse by:
- Providing victims with support and referral services;
- Advocating for legislation to address such abuse;
- Collaborating with the tech industry to develop design-based solutions; and
- Educating the courts, lawmakers, law enforcement, and the general public about the nature and prevalence of online abuse.
Do you work for Cyber Civil Rights Initiative, Inc.? Become an administrator