Eden United Church of Christ
Administrative and Facilities Coordinator
Eden United Church of Christ (Eden Church) in Hayward, California is seeking a part-time (20 hrs./wk.) Administrative and Facilities Coordinator to support the operation of our busy campus community.
The Eden Church campus is located in the unincorporated area of South Alameda County known as Cherryland, near the intersection of I-580 and I-238. In addition to housing three worship venues, educational classrooms and offices, and providing meeting and event space for our outreach ministries, we lease office suites to five nonprofit organizations and we host a variety of community and private functions.
The Facilities Coordinator is the primary point of contact for campus office visitors and as such, serves in an important administrative leadership role by providing service continuity in a number of areas. Primary roles include a receptionist function, overseeing the daily and recurring work of custodial and event personnel; scheduling worship, meetings, events, weddings, and funerals; responding to tenant needs in a timely and courteous manner; procuring office and custodial supplies; scheduling maintenance and repairs with vendors and Trustees, accounting for re-billable services, and facilitating a wide variety of activities on the church campus. The Facilities Coordinator will perform other duties as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily activities of custodial personnel, and review and inspect their work.
- Establish and monitor work schedules for event personnel.
- Implement safety policies and procedures for custodial and event personnel.
- Review and approve time cards for custodial and event personnel, and vendor invoices, purchase orders, and accounts payable vouchers.
- Foster frequent and effective communication with church leaders to coordinate facilities use in support of ministry and meeting needs (set up and take down furniture and equipment for meetings and events, and AV equipment) and manage access to and security on the campus.
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant inquiries in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or custodial personnel. Follow up with tenants to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date lease records, including monitoring and procuring annual insurance certificates and proof of welfare tax exemption.
- Meet financial objectives by collecting rents, security deposits, and fees; and contribute to budget-building and cash-flow projections as requested by church leaders.
- Strive to reach 100% tenant occupancy by supporting the work of the church’s commercial real estate broker and advertising and showing meeting and event space to prospective clients.
- Monitor and maintain custodial and office supplies inventory with input from other personnel.
- Coordinate annual inspections of campus mechanical systems with Trustees and vendors.
- Coordinate logistics for weddings and funerals in accordance with church policies.
- Generate monthly reports to the Trustees regarding major activities and projects.
- Maintains property inventory.
- Respond to and triage maintenance emergencies that may arise on the campus during work hours.
- Manage the church switchboard, including answering incoming calls, handling caller inquiries, and checking and responding to voice mail.
- Re-direct calls as appropriate and take messages when required.
- Greet and assist church members and visitors.
- Sort, stamp, and distribute mail.
- Maintain, disburse, and balance petty cash.
- Photocopy meeting and event materials.
- Keep the Google master calendar up to date based on requests from church leaders and renters.
- Coordinate the production of bulletins, newsletters, and e-blasts, with employees and vendors.
- Update the church website as requested.
- Maintain the church database and produce the annual church directory.
- Coordinate the work of office volunteers
- Schedule and maintain records of IT needs and the consultant’s work.
- Assists with other administrative tasks when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Creative, calm problem solver in the moment.
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks.
- Personable and able to relate to a diversity of personalities.
- A patient, good listener.
- Responsive and proactive communicator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and superior attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task, and stay organized when facing multiple priorities with competing time and resources needs.
- Ability to work effectively with key stakeholders, including internal and external clients to meet goals.
- Demonstrated success overseeing and coordinating facility rentals, facility management, event management or similarly complex management responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010: Word, Excel, and Power Point, and Google Calendar.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
Reports To: Senior Minister
Hours: 20 Hours a week, 8:30 a.m. to 12: 30 p.m., Monday to Friday
No telephone inquiries.
Eden United Church of Christ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you work for Eden United Church of Christ? Become an administrator