Agape Volunteers is a registered charity that provides humanitarian aid and support to Africa through volunteering programmes and collecting donations that are passed onto specific projects.
We are a non-profit organization, set up by ex-volunteers who were tired of seeing people's time go to waste on volunteering projects that didn't help those people in need, and seeing volunteers charged large fees that are not passed on to those who require help.
The Agape Volunteers team is made up of people who have volunteered in the past and predominantly by people who have spent years striving to improve the quality of life for people in Africa. Our experience is second to none. We know what it takes to provide a quality, affordable and safe volunteering experience that really helps those in need, and we are committed to making sure as many people are able to take advnatge of this opportunity as is possible. Despite being registered as a charity in the U.K., we hold registrations in Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania and South Africa where we work.
We offer a variety of programs, including medical placements in African hospitals, teaching positions, childcare in Agape orphanages, sports coaching, music teaching projects and wildlife conservation work. If you'd like to find out more, make a donation, or get volunteering, please visit our website at www.agape-volunteers.com.
When Agape Volunteers was set up, there were several key promises that were made. It is our aim to see these fulfilled for as long as the organization operates, no matter how large we grow or how many countries we spread into. Some of these include:
- Every volunteer is entitled to the most affordable price that we can offer.
- Every placement that we work with will be 100% committed to helping those in real need.
- Administration costs will be kept to the absolute minimumm.
- If we don't think a volunteer is suitable, they won't be allowed to travel.
- We will never sell an "experience of volunteering" - only the real thing.
- We will never give up on what we want to achieve.