The Branch Foundation
The Branch Foundation (TBF), founded in July 2007, is a New Zealand registered not-for-profit organisation. TBF supports the local initiatives of fellow organisations and communities across South-East Asia through implementing tailored community development projects. These projects fall within our three focus areas: education, capacity building and renewable energy solutions. Through these grassroots endeavors, TBF offers support to populations outside the main scope of humanitarian aid. TBF works directly with the most marginalized South-East Asian communities, including ethnic minorities, at-risk youth, and refugees. Rather than simply offering financial aid, TBF projects focus on empowering the community members to be their own agents of change by achieving their own independence and stability.Since July 2011, the majority of operations and logistics are administered from the TBF office in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The Branch Foundation aims to work alongside marginalized communities in South-East Asia to support sustainable community development through education, capacity building and renewable energy solutions.
Cohesive South-East Asian communities empowered to be self-reliant and able to participate in opportunities available in the wider community around them.
Our Focus Areas:
- Capacity Building
- Renewable Energy Solutions
Education Creating opportunities for the younger generation through academic and extra-curricular activities so that they can realise their full potential.
Capacity Building Working in partnership with local communities by providing them with tools and training that promote self-sufficiency.
Renewable Energy Solutions Ensuring reliable access to sustainable energy in a world of diminishing resources.
What Sets Us Apart:
- We firmly believe and follow through with transparency and accountability.
- 100% of your donation goes to the project for which it’s intended. 10% of this covers our monitoring and evaluation of that project to make sure it has the most impact possible.
- We have a ‘work with’ instead of ‘work for’ philosophy.
- Sustainability and non aid reliance are our measures of success.
- We are a small organisation that is engaged with and regularly visits the communities with which we work.