Safe Homes of Orange County (New York)
Safe Homes of Orange County is a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) located in Orange County, NY, which has grown from a grassroots, small group of committed individuals in 1986 to an organization, leader, and resource in the field of intimate partner violence and human trafficking advocacy and services provision. Our many programs include a Family Justice Center, emergency shelter, legal program, anti-trafficking program, individual and group support, advocacy, therapeutic counseling, Risk Reduction Response Programs, systems-based advocacy and collaboration, community education and outreach, and Sullivan County non-residential programming.
- Through our work we strive to exemplify respect, dignity, integrity, professionalism, and a belief in the equality of all human beings;
- We strive to eliminate all forms of oppression through education, valuing diversity, and equality for all;
- We strive to empower all individuals who are impacted by domestic violence, teen dating violence and human trafficking whether it is physical, sexual, emotional, psychological, and/or financial abuse and oppose the use of these tactics as means of control over others;
- We know victims have the right to make decisions based on being fully informed of all of their options and they have the right to be heard and listened to when considering their needs, safety, well-being, while honoring their decisions and in a manner that preserves their dignity;
- We are mindful of the need to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times;
- We reject all oppressive behaviors and stereotypes which are the root causes of domestic and sexual violence;
- We know community education, awareness and outreach are essential to drive and maintain social change and justice.
Safe Homes of Orange County is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, culturally sensitive work environment and prohibits discrimination due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and identity, disability, and national origin in employment and delivery of services. All are encouraged to apply.