Children's Right Council
CRC works to assure a child the frequent, meaningful and continuing contact with two parents and extended family the child would normally have during a marriage. We work to strengthen families through education, favoring family formation and family preservation. Unlike many other organizations with some of the same concerns, CRC is genderless; we are not a women’s group nor a men’s group. Rather, we advocate what we believe to be in the best interests of children including the Children’s Bill of Rights.
For the child’s benefit, CRC:
- advocates a rebuttable presumption of shared parenting in divorce custody orders
- believes in balanced and comprehensive child support: financial, emotional, and physical
- works to transform typical adversarial divorce process into one of conciliation and mediation
- favors parenting education and school-based programs for children at risk
- believes two parents and the kinship network are the best first line of defense