Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative addresses five urgent issues required for greater human development and security:
- fostering more equitable international trade and development;
- strengthening efforts to realize the human right to health;
- shaping more humane migration policies;
- encouraging women's leadership;
- and influencing corporate social responsibility.
Realizing Rights was founded in October 2002 by Mary Robinson, former President of Ireland (1990 - 1997) and former United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (1997 - 2002). Its mission is to put human rights standards at the heart of global governance and policy-making and to ensure that the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable are addressed on the global stage.