Hope of Next Generation Youth Force
- Volta Region
Hope of Next Generation Youth Force (NGYF) is a community based non–profit organization registered under the Registrar General Department of Ghana with registration number G-26,146. Based in the Volta Regional capital Ho, NGYF is committed to the development of rural communities in Ghana by serving as a mouthpiece of individuals and groups, to address some of the issues affecting them. A greater focus is placed on providing the youth of these communities with a greater voice, by:
- Raising awareness of youth issues
- Working with the youth and other members of the community to organize developmental projects
- Running youth empowerment sessions and skills training programmes
- Allowing the youth of the communities to play an integral role in running the volunteering programme in various Ghanaian communities on the local, regional and national level (although our work mainly focuses on rural areas)
How we Work
NGYF partners with both international and local organizations, institutions, donors, volunteers, youth clubs, stakeholders and community leaders and members to find solutions to pressing issues affecting each of the communities that we work in. We organize empowerment sessions for the young people and inspire them to be apart of finding sustainable solutions to the challenges hindering their communities’ development
Aims and Objectives
1. Empowering young people to engage in the development of their communities through public education, awareness creation, organizing voluntary development projects and skills training programs in the communities.
2. To contribute towards the promotion of quality education among all young people through providing basic but necessary educational materials such as books, pens, pencils, learning aids, etc. to deprived schools, pupils, and orphanage homes.
3. To bridge the technological gap between urban schools/children and the rural schools/children by providing IT training programs among schools and children mostly in the rural areas.
4. To empower the young people to get involved in agribusiness by setting up small school farms which can yield both food and financial income to the school to feed its students and also take care of the school’s needs.
The Deaf Teahing Aid Volunteer Program (Volunteer Opportunity)