South Dakota State University + Great Plains IDEA
Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GPIDEA)
The Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (IDEA) was founded in 1994 capitalizing on the institutional resources of 11 major research universities to sponsor graduate education programs through distributed learning technologies. The Alliance offers fully-online graduate coursework and program options in high-demand professional fields.
South Dakota State University has recently joined AG*IDEA, an affiliate of the Great Plains IDEA. AG*IDEA is a national consortium of land grant universities offering programs and courses in agriculture disciplines.
Why choose SDSU? Welcome to the South Dakota State University's Great Plains Idea Site! South Dakota State University offers the following distance education opportunities:
- Dietetics (M.S.)
- Family and Consumer Sciences - Family and Consumer Sciences Education (M.S.)
- Family and Consumer Sciences - Family Financial Planning (M.S.) or Graduate Certificate
- Family and Consumer Sciences - Merchandising (M.S.) or Graduate Certificate
- Sociology and Rural Studies - Community Development (M.S.)
- Bioenergy and Sustainable Technology Graduate Certificate
- Grassland Management Graduate Certificate
- Swine Science Undergraduate Certificate
These programs offer quality education at a distance. The programs are designed to prepare students to use and further develop their knowledge base, skills and experiences in solving problems, verbal and written communication, 21st century technologies, leadership development and work in interdisciplinary and diverse teams.
The faculty are committed to offering quality instruction and to preparing students to excel in their professional lives.
For questions about GPIDEA or the available programs call or e-mail the GPIDEA Coordinator at 605-688-6988/866-827-3198 or GPIDEA@sdstate.edu.