The Smithey Foundation
The mission of The Smithey Foundation (TSF) is to support our nations, high-poverty public schools by providing funding toward classroom projects that will challenge and enrich the educational experience. We aspire to maximize the learning potential of every student and prepare them to succeed in our current century in hopes they will in-turn make a valuable contribution back to society.
The following values and guiding principles provide the fundamental guideposts for the routine operations, decision-making, and future planning of The Smithey Foundation.
• We believe all students regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or socio-economic status deserve the best education our commmunities can deliver.
• We believe in the transformational power of education for students at all levels of readiness, ability and achievement.
• We believe in educating the whole child including a focus on physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
• We believe a solid education should be challenging, enriching, inspiring and fun.
• We believe that diversity of thought, background and experience enriches teaching and provides learning opportunities for all students as they prepare to become citizens and leaders of the 21st. century.
• We believe our nations public schools are the foundation of our communities and should be universally supported.
• We believe in encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and investment in public education.