Motherhood childcare project
Littleway primary school -kawempe
motherhood child care Project,is an organization dedicated to helping disadvantaged children, especially AIDS orphans, children and youth infected with Hiv/Aids, disabled and street children in Uganda, Africa. We aim to overcome poverty and helplessness.
The organization was formed to respond to the increasing needs of the children and youth whose parents have died of AIDS, and street children, and others, in our country, Uganda. We realized the children's plight needed urgent attention.& sympathy.
The organization is a non -profit making organ, and was started in 2006,its located at little way primary School, Kawempe-Maganjo parish, Nabweru sub-county Wakiso District Uganda East Africa.
The organ has a registered number of 350 vulnerable children, including those infected with HIV/Aids, orphans, disabled & others. We cater for these children through community outreach although we intend to build up a home..
Our mission is to advocate for the plight of vulnerable children ,through improvement in quality of life, provision of good education, health care, and fight for child rights, i.e Hiv/Aids, disabled, orphaned, children affected by war conflicts, and others.
We have a set of objectives which include;
- Support children infected with HIV/Aids in health, clothing, bedding & scholastic materials.
- To bring up our children in a God fearing and humble, and non denominational manner
- Co-ordinate scholarships for them at all levels
- Rural illiteracy transformation,
- Providing shelter for the homeless & disadvantaged children.
- Promote mutual co-operation amongst them & international relationships.
- Promote the girl child education
- Setting up projects for widows.
- Training children in recreational activities i.e. sports & drama e.t.c
- Lobbying for development projects for them in all fields.
DESCRIPTION OF MOCAP ACTIVITIES
a) HIV/AIDS INFECTED AND ORPHANED CHILDREN
- counseling, making home visits, providing them with transport to hospital, provision of food, school requirements,music,Dance & Drama, economic empowerment of guardians, community sensitization and mobilizations,VCT, training in agricultural techniques for food security, vocational training, this work is done by the project coordinator and volunteers both local and international.
b) DISABLED CHILDREN
Provision of physiotherapy treatment ,provision of Tri-cycles, food, fees, scholastic requirements, playing materials, tools i.e sewing machines, all are done through the coordinator and volunteers local and abroad
exchanges, workshops, seminars and camps for social groups of different ages on international and local levels.
- "Kids Save Scheme" guardians and youth are extended funds on credit and the interest charged is saved on their respective accounts to enhance the culture of saving and can be used for future necessities of life.
VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES MOCAP
1. Participation in the outreach work with members of marginalized population,
assisting with layout to prepare information material and presentations, attend planning and training meetings.
2. Prevention work with youth, Hiv/Aids positive, child headed families. as in :
communicating assisting methods of work, participation in outreach activities,
3. Assistance in designing the social program for people living with HIV/AIDS, disabled, orphans and providing
psychosocial support and help. in this work area : organizing excursions and
cultural events (cinema, theatre etc.), assisting in writing articles for the web-sites, assisting in
designing and delivering training program mes, assisting in organizing meetings of self- support, financial empowerment
4. Participation in our HIV/AIDS, reproductive health and substance abuse peer education
program, making home visits, and hospital.
Concrete tasks in this work are: meeting with volunteers who do peer education program,
contacting and meeting school authorities where education is to be conducted, designing the
program of lectures/workshops, delivering lectures/workshops,
6.designing and implementing other activities for youth. in accordance with volunteers'
personal preferences. ie recreational activities.
7.Volunteers will be involved in fund raising, through preparing project proposals, applying for
sponsorships etc. Have the opportunity to think of a
project of their own and to get full support from the staff and other volunteers for its realization.
Volunteers will also be encouraged to make suggestions and proposals for activities which are
of particular interest to them.
Volunteers will be involved in e-mail correspondence, for the organization's activities
Working days –Monday – Friday (off weekends, public holidays)
Working hours – Morning 8.30am –Afternoon 4.00pm (7 hours a day)
Accommodation – At host family
Food – Local dishes & others served at host family
Local transport – includes Taxi buses, motor bikes, bicycles.
Pick-up and drop-off to airport can be done by host family. ( on organizing with sending organization)
N.B The organization hosts 4 volunteers of the same sex at a time or a couple i.e in kampala and Jinja districts.And volunteer fees is Euros 150 per month and accomodation is free
Contact :Alice Norah
Do you work for Motherhood childcare project? Become an administrator