Asociaţia Naţionala pentru Protectia Consumatorilor şi Promovarea Programelor şi Strategiilor din Romania- InfoCons
The National Association for Consumers’ Protection and Promotion of Programs and Strategies from Romania- a new attitude- Info Cons,full member of the Consumers International World Federation is a non-governmental, representative and independent organization, of private law, without a lucrative purpose, with distinct and indivisible patrimony, based on democratic principles, that protects consumers' rights.
ANPCPPSR- InfocCons was founded in 2003 to comply with consumers’ needs in Romania. Since then it has been carrying on an uninterrupted activity and it has gained national and international recognition, becoming member of various organizations, consultative commissions of state’s authorities, working groups and partner in national and international programs.
ANPCPPSR- InfocCons is a founding –member of the Consumers’ Association Federation
Among ANPCPPSR- InfocCons activities, we mention:
- Setting up Centers for Consumers’ Information and Consultancy in all counties and carrying on continuous activities in the area of consumers’ education and information
- Active involvement in the battle against counterfeits
- Becoming the founding-member of the first Consumers’ Association Federation
- Accreditation at the Romanian Parliament - Chamber of Deputies for the works of the Specialized Boards
- Setting up the first master course in the area of consumers’ protection in cooperation with The Faculty of Sociology and Social Assistance of Bucharest University
- Initiating the introduction of consumers’ protection classes in schools
- Developing several campaigns of education and information in areas of best importance in the period of Romania’s accession to the EU; these campaigns were carried on by broadcasting clips on most national television and radio broadcast, by dissemination of written materials and by organizing events at national, regional and zonal level
- Gathering national and international organizations and institutions under the aegis of the concept “Consumers’ Protection – A New Attitude!”
- Supporting the publication of specialized works
ANPCPPSR- InfocCons’ goals:
To protect consumers’ legitimate rights and interests, to raise consumers' awareness about their rights and to develop projects and programs to this respect. The specific goals of the programs are: to protect consumers against the risk of buying or using products of an uncertain quality, to inform consumers about products that could be damaging for their health, to encourage consumers to have the right to choose, to solve consumers’ complaints.
The main attributes of ANPCPPSR- InfocCons:
- To participate, as an advisory part, in elaboration of the national strategies and programs regarding consumers’ protection;
- To oversee legislation enforcement and to contribute to its updating;
- To support the process of consumers’ stratification horizontally and vertically in nongovernmental organizations, able to protect and represent their interests;
- To set up local centers of information, consultancy and education for consumers;
- To organize information centers for members of consumer’s associations;
- To carry out studies, researches and comparative tests.