Friends of the San Francisco Estuary
Friends of the San Francisco Estuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization organized by the San Francisco Estuary Partnership's Management Committee in 1991. Friends of the Estuary works to:
- Educate policymakers, legislators, and the public on the need for adequate freshwater flows to the San Francisco Estuary.
- Develop public involvement, education, communication, and advocacy programs.
- Promote citizen involvement in studying, restoring and managing a healthy Estuary.
- Develop and implement public education and involvement action plans.
- Develop a flexible, community-based framework for public involvement and education in all aspects of Estuary management.
- Serve as a watchdog and advocate for Comprehensive Conservation Management Plan implementation.