Family Center of Washington County
The Family Center is the state-designated Parent Child Center for Washington County. Our Board of Directors includes parents, human service professionals and community leaders from a wide range of businesses and professions. The Family Center has a staff of over 55 professionals and a budget over $2.4 million.
The Family Center of Washington County is a non-profit agency providing a variety of services to the families of Central Vermont. The Family Center is part of the statewide Parent Child Center Network, which helps families with issues such as child care, early childhood education, parent education, home visiting, family fun events, playgroups, services for children with developmental delays and advocacy and community organizing around early childhood issues.
Mission: The Family Center of Washington County fosters the positive growth and development of young children and their families.
Vision: The Family Center of Washington County envisions children and adults as thriving participants in safe and healthy communities.
- Family Centered: We recognize that each family has strengths and can take a primary role in its own development.
- Responsive: We provide different types and degrees of support in partnership with families based on their needs.
- Supportive: Our programs and services strengthen families and caregivers in their vital roles of nurturing and caring for children.
We believe in:
- Early Investment: We build family strengths as a foundation for long-term benefits to families and communities.
- The Right to Belong: We promote every child being a valued member of a family and every family’s connections to their communities.
- Partnership: We engage in and support cooperation and collaboration among educators, human service organizations and families to meet family needs in practical and respectful ways.
- Community Decision Making: We advocate for community decision making through dialogue and input at the local level.
- Accessibility: We make every effort to offer affordable, family friendly, and accessible services.
- Privacy & Confidentiality: We recognize each individual’s right to privacy and to control the release of personal information.
Do you work for Family Center of Washington County? Become an administrator