National Association of Professional Insurance Agents
Founded in 1931, the National Association
of Professional Insurance Agents (PIA) represents independent insurance agents
in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. Our members are
insurance professionals who can be found across America, in small towns, big cities
and everywhere in between. Although they operate cutting edge agencies, they
treat their customers like neighbors, providing personal support and service.
That's why PIA has adopted the tagline Local Agents Serving Main Street AmericaSM.
PIA was founded with objectives that are as relevant today as they were back in 1931:
· Educate agency owners and staff about insurance concepts;
· Keep agents informed about changing company offerings;
· Allow agents to assist one another in proper underwriting of their business;
· Increase cooperation between carriers and agents;
· Encourage uniform policy writing and assist in proper form completion;
· Advocate for agents in legislative matters;
· Foster acquaintanceship among agents so they could support one another;· Protect the American Agency System
Vision Statement: The Association that creates unlimited opportunities supporting professional success for PIA Members.
Mission Statement: To promote, protect and defend the integrity of our members, the value of their profession and the success of their business.