Academy of Mount St. Ursula
The Mission of the Academy of Mount St Ursula
The Academy of Mount St. Ursula is a Catholic high school, conducted in the Ursuline tradition, that serves college bound women of diverse cultures by instilling a love of learning and a broader global view. In a family atmosphere, we strive to empower young women for leadership in society. AMSU remains strongly committed to its programs in Academics, Arts and Service.
Core Values of an Ursuline Education:
- Academic Excellence
- Service to Society
- Emphasis on the Individual
- Family Atmosphere
- Women as Leaders
- Open to Change
- Spiritual Awareness
- Heritage of St. Angela
Characteristics of an Ursuline Education:
- A personal concern for each individual.
- The development of the whole person to her full potential.
- The importance of religious education and the integration of values in every part of our lives.
- Academic Excellence.
- A strong family and community spirit.
- Encouragement of community service.
- The presence of St. Angela’s spirituality as a guiding force for us.