Civil Devlopment Organization:
- The Civil Development Organization (CDO) is a non-governmental, non-profit independent organization which was founded in 1999, in cooperation with the Swedish organization Diakonia.
- CDO worked under the umbrella of Diakonia for 2 years. In April 2001 it got recognition from the Ministry of Humanitarian Aid in cooperation with the Kurdistan Regional government.
Aims of CDO are:
- Improving the Human Rights situation of refugees and IDPs in the Kurdistan region of Iraq
- Raising the capacity of Civil Society Organizations.
- Raising the capacity of women in the field of leadership and combatting violence against women.
- Promoting democracy principles and building peace in conflict areas.
- Providing legal assistance for marginalized groups in society.
The CDO Departments:
- Democracy Training Center
- Protection and Assistance Center (PAC)
The Civil Development Organization has built close relationships with other Kurdish and Iraqi non-governmental organizations. It has been member of several local networks, heading some of them. CDO’s activities and projects so far have been promoted by about 40 international organizations; we benefit from long term corporation with ten of them.